2018年7月17日火曜日

Tea with Grumpyboots

 Sam is scared to meet grumpy old Mr Green when she has tea with Mrs Green. But when she starts to talk to him, Mr Green tells Sam about his childhood in the Second World War and she finally discovers the secret of his grumpiness.


 In this book, Mrs Green talked about his experiences in the farm. Because some of the farm-hands had gone to fight in the war, Mrs Green helped with the animals. Actually, he was quite enjoyable.
 I always like to listen to my grandmother's story about her happy and unhappy days. Though she talked about these everytime, I never feel they were boring. I could  imagine the living condition of that time. But I think it was also a good time.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Because some of the farm-hands had gone to fight in the war. Mrs Green helped with the animals.
    Because some of the farm-hands had gone to fight in the war, Mrs Green helped with the animals.

    I never feel them were boring.
    I never feel they are boring.

    返信削除

SLA Junior Seminar 2-13: The Chrysalids

 In Waknuk, children must be perfect. It is wrong to be different!      David always dreams of a city he has never seen before. Since he liv...