2020年11月22日日曜日

英語教育講義⑧


    It is common to experience culture shock when living in a foreign country for a certain period of time. Culture shock is a quite natural part of being used to a new environment. The advantage of living in a foreign country largely outweigh the disadvantages. In spite of these advantages, however, there are also challenges you will encounter. 
    When I first came to Japan, I was excited about living in a different place, and everything seems to be marvelous. Afterward, I became tired of many things about the new culture. It made me feel distressed and tired because I began to notice that not everything is as good as you had thought. After experiencing failure many times, I  felt I was coping fine alone, so I didn't try to ask for help. However, this negative feeling really hurt me because it prevented me from making necessary adaptations to the new culture. Then I adjust myself to the new norms, traditions, values of the new country. At the moment, I feel more comfortable because I have learned to understand the culture. Consequently, culture shock is not something you can avoid when living in a foreign country. It helps you learn more about yourself by learning about other cultures. 



 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

SLA Junior Seminar 2-13: The Chrysalids

 In Waknuk, children must be perfect. It is wrong to be different!      David always dreams of a city he has never seen before. Since he liv...